Please extend the comment deadline

From: Theo de Raadt <deraadt@cvs.openbsd.org>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 17:01:12 -0600
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org
Please extend the deadline.  As the mailing list shows, most people
just became aware of this in the last 24 hours.  If this is to be an
open conversation, then it must be handled in an open fashion -- so
extend it for another week at least so that you can see exactly how
much of an issue most people have with this absolute stupid proposal.

Every time I go to an IETF meet, I am actively fighting against
permitting such license controlled components into standards.

I must also say that this very much smells like the Open Group has
gotten involved (remember, those are the misnamed guys who tried to
make X11 not free)