Re: RAND

From: Harold Riggs <hriggs@tiac.net>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 05:57:53 -0400
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org
Hi,
     I have never written a comment like this before. But the shocking
nature of the
RAND recommendation calls for action. In my opinion RAND undermines the
heart of the world wide web! There is no way that RAND can not discriminate
against a large portion of the web: the open-source/free software
community.
Please, please, please, reconsider and do not put forward this
recommendation.
      Harold Riggs, PhD
      Massachusetts Bay Community College
       hriggs@tiac.net