Re: Patent licensing decision

From: Bob Hayes <bhayes@hayesonline.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Oct 2001 07:48:25 -0700
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org
As a small open source software developer I am opposed to the inclusion of
any W3C patent policy which could result in any company charging royalty
fees.

I too applaud the up to now open source reference implementations and hope
this standard continues to be the guiding light for future policy decisions
regarding all decisions W3C makes.

This proposed change could possibly alter the ability of those independent
developers to create competitive products and is not in keeping with past
policy.

Bob Hayes