RAND (no kidding :)

From: Lance Levsen <l.levsen@printwest.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2001 02:05:47 -0600
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org
According to http://www.w3.org/Consortium/#goals

1.Universal Access: To make the Web accessible to all by
promoting technologies that take into account the vast
differences in culture, education, ability, material resources,
and physical limitations of users on all continents;

Tell me how RAND doesn't jeopardize this?

US patents vs 'Universal Access', no that doesn't work.
Pay per use 'standards' vs taking into account material
resources, not there either.

Oh . . . I get it, your 500 members is a statistical
representation of the universe.

Please, I've enough to do dealing with other faux 'standards',
please don't make me have to worry about your proposed
break-away standards too. We created the W3C, we can kill it
just as easily.

--
Lance Levsen, 477-3166
Unix Systems Administrator,