RAND Is A Bad Idea

From: Duane Robertson <duane@141.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2001 11:30:51 -0600
To: <www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org>

Perhaps I'm succombing to FUD on this issue, but I honestly can't
imagine a case where the Web community, and particularly the free
software community, would be helped by the "reasonable and non-
discriminatory" patent licensing mode.  I strongly recommend that
the W3 sticks to royalty free mode exclusively.

RAND mode is always going to leave me (as a free software user and
programmer) out in the cold.

Duane Robertson
Sheppard AFB
Wichita Falls, TX