Open the W3C to developers or the developers will found a new W3C !!!

From: TISCALI <vitovice@tiscalinet.it>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 22:41:09 +0200
To: <www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org>
I propose the opening of the W3C, which now is only opened  to powerful
sponsors as Microsoft, to all the developers that use W3C standards in their
applications, through payment of reasonable annual fee (for instance, 50 $)
and the absolutely free maintenance  of the standards. If this is not
possible, then I propose the institution of the new organism , as W3C, for
the release of the Internet standards, supported by  developers all over the
world . The open-source software projects, as Apache , are the demonstration
that the web community  is able to do excellent work.

Vito Viceconti