W3C Patent Policy

From: <chgo9127@rcnchicago.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2001 02:49:04 -0500
To: <www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org>
Hi! I know what the W3C is all about --
have been keeping informed, since the early nineties.

Here are some suggestions, with a commentary --
I would appreciate a list of associates who I might
communicate with, if I create a browser, or something
(not on topic, but *serious*); J. Neal, POB 14413 -
Lincoln Park Station, Chicago IL 60614-0413.

*There is a different document attached.

This fee would be quite easy to stomach, if ALL
Internet Service Providers would be required to make
a public listing available of all currently active domain
names purchased through them.

This list should be available in search format with
Boolean operators capacity.

The public will have to pay this fee, anyhow -- why
not give them something in return for the extra cost,
even if they have to pay an additional fee, on top of it.

Possible Pitfalls:

Would downloaded content be usable only at the same
computer? How will this be prevented, if not? Will a
user ever pay twice for the same content (ex: multiple
access accounts)