My view of the new standard that some jerks are trying to force on the rest of us

From: bryancox2 <bryancox2@home.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 20:21:59 -0600
To: <www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org>
Dear W3C,

Leave the web alone you block heads.

IF YOU DO NOT LIKE THE WEB, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO USE IT.  IF YOU DO NOT LIKE FREE STUFF ON THE WEB, YOU DO NOT HAVE TO USE IT OR PUT IT ON THE WEB.  LET THE FREE MARKET SYSTEM TAKE IT"S COURSE.

Besides how are you going to enforce it?  With there are a 150 countries and endless number of sub governments and all of the laws constantly changing, I think it would be impossible to enforce and have the enforcement constantly up to date.  In addition, when information is traveling though the web, it is NOT unheard of that the servers will be located in multiple locations that are located in many localities.  Just think about the cost.

This is another example of the big corporations trying to make a buck by screwing the avenge Joe.

W3C SUCKS.