From: David J. Ruck <druck@freeuk.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2001 01:09:40 +0100
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org
Dear W3C,

I could not object more strongly to the plan for pantenting on the web.
Following the DMCA, this can only been seen as yet another attempt to curb
users rights by the large software and media corporations companies, Microsft
in particular.

It should also be noted that patents of software are not permitted in
the EU, but no doubt we will all be made to suffer by the imposition of US
legal practices via software liecencing.

As the upholder of open standards on the world wide web pandering to
proprietary interests is the last thing you should be doing, and will
result in any authority you have diminishing in the eyes of the internet

  David J. Ruck    Phone: +44- (0)7974 108301    Email: druck@freeuk.com