comments

From: Michael Kale <blumeany@drizzle.com>
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2001 17:05:10 -0700 (PDT)
To: <www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org>
I'm sure you've read the comments made by Alan Cox on this issue.  In
order to save your time and my time I will not attempt to restate what he
has said, but I share his sentiment.  Please please please keep the web a
place where open standards and not big moneyed corporations rule.  We
absolutely need more than one browser to ensure that one browser vendor is
not able to run away with the web.  It would be a shame if everyone had to
use Internet Explorer to access the web, and we need to keep control of
the web in the hands of the little people to prevent this.  These patent
policies seem to me like they would place a lot of control over the web in
the hands of the large corporations, and as such I oppose them.

Thanks for listening,

Michael