w3c patent "policy"

From: Paul Evans <pevans@catholic.org>
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2001 23:37:14 -0700
To: www-patentpolicy-comment@w3.org
Dear w3c,

This proposal is chiefly concerned with money and payments. To whom and why I
don't know. I *do* know that there is no need for a RAND or a w3c stance on
anything to do with patents whatsoever. Patent law is peculiar to countrys.
ISO and w3c standards are seperate and apart from those - and, indeed,
'above' them in some sense.

I am still reeling from the news that the w3c would even think of trying to
sanction the "ownership" of algorithms. I guess I never knew you.

The committee concerned is "serving" the few. The w3c is for the many.

--
Regards, Paul Evans