Re: p3p and search engines

From: Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer@nic.fr>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 13:15:54 +0200
To: Graeme Eastman <graeme@eastman.com.au>
Cc: www-p3p-policy@w3.org

On Thu, Sep 05, 2002 at 06:41:04PM +0800,
 Graeme Eastman <graeme@eastman.com.au> wrote
 a message of 24 lines which said:

> It would seem entirely logical to me that a search engine would give more
> weight to sites that had proper a privacy policy as it is more likely to be
> a current and responsible site, and therefore potentially more useful to a
> user.

It could mean also that it is a site with more manpower. Giving a
higher ranking to P3P-enabled sites would favor big corporations over
small companies, not-for-profit societies and individual users. The
search engines already favor too much the Big Official Corporate
Sites.