Re: p3p and search engines

From: Lorrie Cranor <lorrie@research.att.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 08:23:45 -0400
To: "Stephane Bortzmeyer" <bortzmeyer@nic.fr>, "Graeme Eastman" <graeme@eastman.com.au>
Cc: <www-p3p-policy@w3.org>

I hope in the future that we see search engines
that allow users to specify privacy preferences and
weight the results accordingly. I don't think it would
give more weight to big corporate sites. Take a look
at W3C's list of P3P-enabled sites
http://www.w3.org/P3P/compliant_sites -- it includes lots
of small companies, non-profits and individuals.
You don't have to be a big company to P3P-enable.
In fact, it's usually much easier for small sites to
P3P-enable than it is for big companies.

Lorrie