p3p and search engines

From: Graeme Eastman <graeme@eastman.com.au>
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 18:41:04 +0800
To: <www-p3p-policy@w3.org>

I am wondering if anyone has any evidence of sites with p3p.xml files
achieving higher rankings in search engines.

It would seem entirely logical to me that a search engine would give more
weight to sites that had proper a privacy policy as it is more likely to be
a current and responsible site, and therefore potentially more useful to a
user.

I have no evidence of this occurring and stats on a number of my sites seem
to indicate that no search engine robots are visiting the p3p.xml files at
all. But maybe it will happen in the future.

Any comments on the issue?

Cheers,
Graeme

Graeme Eastman