Re: p3p and search engines

I thought that I would let everyone know that I spoke with Yahoo! today and
they have nothing in production currently that takes advantage of P3P for
search results.  Also, they currently do not have any plans to use P3P as a
differentiator when providing search results or allowing users to select
privacy information in their search criteria.

No word yet from Google.

Thanks,

Tony
Anthony J. Hogan
eCommerce Knowledge Management Analyst
Wachovia
Mailcode: NC1012
201 South Tryon Street
Charlotte, NC 28202-1012
Tel: 704-383-0132
Fax: 704-374-3386

----- Forwarded by Tony Hogan/CFS/WACH on 09/05/2002 04:53 PM -----
|         |           Ari Schwartz      |
|         |           <ari@cdt.org>     |
|         |           Sent by:          |
|         |           www-p3p-policy-req|
|         |           uest@w3.org       |
|         |           09/05/2002 02:04  |
|         |           PM                |
  |       To:       <www-p3p-policy@w3.org>                                                                                      |
  |       cc:                                                                                                                    |
  |       Subject:  Re: p3p and search engines                                                                                   |

I'd like to echo Lorrie's point here.

I have implemented P3P on small sites and have discussed
implementation plans with large companies and government agencies.
P3P is much easier to implement on small sites.

Ari

--
Ari Schwartz