Re: P3P technical assistance

From: Rigo Wenning <rigo@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 15 May 2002 11:09:14 +0900
To: "Schutzer, Daniel M" <daniel.m.schutzer@citi.com>
Cc: P3P Policy Outreach Working Group <w3c-p3p-powg@w3.org>, P3P Developer <www-p3p-dev@w3.org>, w3c-p3p-ig <w3c-p3p-ig@w3.org>, P3P-Specification-WG <w3c-p3p-specification@w3.org>
Hi Dan,

iplanet-servers can be configured to support. See the description
in the Deployment Guide.[1]

Please note that a special configuration and plugin in iPlanet is only
needed, if the header-mechanism is used to find the Policy Reference
File. So the configuration they talk about (directory-level) can all be
done using the Policy Reference File Syntax and Semantics. With this
syntax and semantic you can go to a detail of every single web-page on
your server.

If you need further help, please tell the developers to contact me. Even
better would be for them to subscribe to www-p3p-policy@w3.org (the
public archived mailing-list), so that we can answer the questions for
everyone.

  1. http://www.w3.org/TR/p3pdeployment

Best,
--
Rigo Wenning            W3C/INRIA
Policy Analyst          Privacy Activity Lead