RE: P3P technical assistance

From: Schutzer, Daniel M <daniel.m.schutzer@citi.com>
Date: Tue, 14 May 2002 08:35:16 -0400
To: P3P Policy Outreach Working Group <w3c-p3p-powg@w3.org>, P3P Developer <www-p3p-dev@w3.org>, w3c-p3p-ig <w3c-p3p-ig@w3.org>, P3P-Specification-WG <w3c-p3p-specification@w3.org>
Cc: "Schutzer, Daniel M" <daniel.m.schutzer@citi.com>
Can anyone provide me any assistance? Some of our web sites use iplanet, and
they claim that
there are technical challenges that have yet to be addressed with respect to
implementing P3P on
iplanet servers. They say that the challenges include:

 	iplanet in production does not support the P3P request

 	they dont know how to implement it on a directory level basis

 	it is possible to manually implement it on an indiv web page, but
      you can't do it in html

 	the only way to manually implement it is recoding all the pages into
      jsp.

I am keen to get our sites up and running with P3P - any advice?

Dan Schutzer