Re: CC/PP and UAProf implementation experiences

From: Janne Saarela <janne.saarela@profium.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 16:54:51 +0300
To: Art.Barstow@nokia.com
CC: www-mobile@w3.org

Hi Art

> Please note OMA (formerly WAP Forum) is aware some of UAProf's previously
> released schemas have namespace-related problems and has corrected those
> problems in their latest schema:
>
>   http://www.wapforum.org/profiles/UAPROF/

Ah, I was only able to find the older schema to start with.

One problem that appears to remain is the namespace of the
Property element. It appears to originate from RDF schema namespace
even though it is part of the RDF model and syntax namespace.

> Anyhow, one issue the UAProf group would like to address is automatic
> schema processing.  For example, the over-loading of the rdfs:comment
> property (for Type, Resolution, etc. information) needs work.  If you
> have any suggestions on how that part of the schema could be improved
> to better enable schema processing, I would be very interested in your
> suggestions.

I should familiarize myself with the overloading requirement -
perhaps you could send relevant links? Our software uses comment
property for visualising metadata descriptions in user interfaces.
We have not yet seen the need for overloading them in the solutions
we have delivered.

Regards,
Janne
--
Janne Saarela <janne.saarela@profium.com>
Profium, Lars Sonckin kaari 12, 02600 Espoo, Finland