RE: CC/PP and UAProf implementation experiences

From: <Art.Barstow@nokia.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2002 10:08:07 -0400
To: <janne.saarela@profium.com>
Cc: <www-mobile@w3.org>

> One problem that appears to remain is the namespace of the
> Property element. It appears to originate from RDF schema namespace
> even though it is part of the RDF model and syntax namespace.

Ooops :-)!

> I should familiarize myself with the overloading requirement -
> perhaps you could send relevant links? Our software uses comment
> property for visualising metadata descriptions in user interfaces.
> We have not yet seen the need for overloading them in the solutions
> we have delivered.

Currently, the schema uses the rdfs:comment property like this:

<rdfs:comment>
      supports color. "Yes" means color is supported. "No"
      means the display supports only grayscale or black and white.

    Type: Boolean

    Resolution: Override

    Examples: "Yes", "No"
</rdfs:comment>

Note important information (e.g. Type) is actually embedded in the
contents of the rdfs:comment property (rather than for example being
a separate property).  I presumed an application that did profile validation
via the schema would need to micro-parse the contents of this property
to determine Type information.

Art
---