Re: WAP Competitors ?

From: Mark Baker <mark.baker@Canada.Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2000 09:39:10 -0500
To: www-mobile@w3.org
CC: Sandeep Hundal <sandeep@wde.org>
jain@cs.purdue.edu wrote:
> As regards royalty question, I think u r right.

Sun's VM implementations are our own IP, as is the Java brand.  But
anybody's free to implement the published VM specs without royalty
payments (except for the aforementioned branding).

As for the first person's question, the biggest competitor for WAP
is HTML/HTTP/TCP/IP; aka the WWW.

> Regards,
> Sandeep
>
> PS: BTW do u know if anybody has tried implementing the WAP suite
>     using KVM?

Here's a couple pieces of the stack that I know about;

http://www.4thpass.com/KBrowser/
http://www.trantor.de/wbxml/

MB