RE: E-commerce using WAP (...WTLS...)

I think the question here was more to do with the device WTLS support

- Nokia have WTLS class 2 in their 7110 (and 7190 in US)
- Phone.com have WTLS class 1 in their browser

use of certificates implies use of WTLS class 2 (server certs only) or WTLS
class 3 (both client and server certs).

The Nokia emulator has WTLS class 2 support.

Baltimore Technologies (http://www.baltimore.com/telepathy) whom I work for
have a WTLS toolkit and I am sure would be interested to here from other
providers of the emulators to have them include WTLS as it makes sense to be
testing with a full implementation and we are happy to promote the wide use
of certificates from the early stages with WAP.

Baltimore are organizing a worldwide seminar series on WAP and wireless
security and there may be some dates that make sense
(http://www.baltimore.com/telepathy/events/), slides are on the website

regards
John