Re: Using content-MathML for computation and analysis in Science and Engineering

From: Peter Murray-Rust <pm286@cam.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 14:24:49 +0000
To: Paul Libbrecht <paul@hoplahup.net>
Cc: Daniel Marques <dani@wiris.com>, www-math@w3.org
Many thanks to all of you (happy to have more comments, of course, but you
have answered my concerns).  There's always a requirement for *some*
implicit semantics and I think I can see a fairly clear intuitive boundary

Clearly scope is important and my current implementation uses a symbol
table in the immediate parent <mathml/> (I assume that <mathml/> is not
nestable, but in case it was this defines a scope.

My other question is whether I can include foreign namespaces. I can see
things like:

  <!-- iterate through the set -->

[syntax yet to be worked out, but chemical operators and variables]

Peter Murray-Rust
Reader in Molecular Informatics
Unilever Centre, Dep. Of Chemistry
University of Cambridge