Re: Using content-MathML for computation and analysis in Science and Engineering

From: Paul Libbrecht <paul@hoplahup.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 14:07:59 +0100
Cc: Daniel Marques <dani@wiris.com>, www-math@w3.org
To: Peter Murray-Rust <pm286@cam.ac.uk>
Peter,

Le 15 mars 2012 à 12:44, Peter Murray-Rust a écrit :
> Is it correct to say: you can't actually write executable programs in MathML but you can add binding to make them executable.

I also think this is right, yes.
The same comments about not being a programme apply for for OpenMath btw.

Add binding to make them executable, in some context, is useful, and is kind of implemented (e.g. in Maple, GAP, Yacas, or Mathematica) but there has never been, that I know of, a specification

I think I only know there's been one attempt to such a document: http://www.nmconsortium.org/ but I never heard about active usage of it.

paul