Re: Error in RelaxNG schema

On 02/07/2012 14:16, Frédéric WANG wrote:

Thanks for the quick feedback.

> As for the align attributes, shouldn't it be
>
> '\s*(top|bottom|center|baseline|axis)(\s*-?[0-9]+)?\s*'
>
> otherwise, it seems it becomes mandatory to have a space before the
> rownumber (which is not the case e.g. in the page I mentioned).
>
> (I think in general spaces are only allowed at the beginning/end of
> attribute values,  so that could even be
> '\s*(top|bottom|center|baseline|axis)(-?[0-9]+)?\s*')

well....

http://www.w3.org/Math/draft-spec/chapter2-d.html#id.2.1.5.1

says that in the syntax tables "," means space separated tokens and
juxtaposition means juxtaposition

The table at

http://www.w3.org/Math/draft-spec/chapter3.html#presm.mtable.attrs

shows a "," (ie mandatory white space) before an optional row number.

Neil, what does mathplayer do????

The syntax used in the mathml2 spec was different (and not so
consistently applied) but it says

http://www.w3.org/TR/MathML2/chapter3.html#id.3.5.1.2

But if I read
http://www.w3.org/TR/MathML2/chapter2.html#fund.globatt
correctly, at MathML2

  	(top | bottom | center | baseline | axis) [ rownumber ]

meant rownumber was optional but so was white space as juxtaposition if
tokens in mathml2 attribute tables meant: "one instance of each form, in
sequence, perhaps separated by whitespace". So I think your example was
valid MathML2 but not MathML3.

So in summary I think the schema matches the mathml3 spec but I think
that's a change since MathML2 and I'm not sure that change was intended
so personally I'd be happy to make it optional white space before the
number, but need to pass that past the WG as I think that's a spec
change rather than just a technical fix to the schema.

David