Bidi and interpretation of lspace/rspace

From: Frédéric WANG <fred.wang@free.fr>
Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2011 10:41:16 +0100
To: "www-math@w3.org" <www-math@w3.org>
Hello,

Just to be sure, is it correct to say that lspace/rspace interpretation
(as leading or trailing spaces) is not made in the context of the
element where the attributes lspace/rspace are located but in the
context of the element around which the spaces are rendered? For
example, I think that in these three examples, we consider the
directionality of <msub/> (LTR) and so lspace and rspace are always
interpreted as leading and trailing spaces respectively:

<math xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1998/Math/MathML">
<mtext>_</mtext>
<msub>
<mo lspace="1em" rspace="2em">+</mo>