Re: [Entities-last-call] - bfsfit glyphs

From: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 22 Nov 2009 12:06:41 GMT
To: wspr81@gmail.com
Cc: www-math@w3.org

me> It's 10 years ago and I'm not sure I have the sources, but I did
me> tweak the metafont parameters taking a creative merge of the bold,
me> slanted  and sans serif parameters  to come up with a bold sans serif
me> slanted. Perhaps I wasn't creative enough, I agree it could be
me> more bold.

Actually it was only 9 years, October 2000 seems to have been the last
time I touched those sources...

Will> It wasn't the absolute weight that I was worried about, just that it
Will> looked like the same glyphs were being used for normal weight slanted
Will> sans serif as well.

They din't only look similar: cmp confirmed the png files were identical.
So despite there being a start of some mf sources for this, it appears
that I just used the normal weight ones.

Rather than switch to Stix beta here I decided to stick with the
Computer Modern heritage of (almost) all the rest and have tweaked the
metafont a bit more resulting in an updated set of bold slanted sans
glyphs as can be seen in the editors' draft:

http://www.w3.org/2003/entities/2007doc/sans-serif-bold-italic.html

Thanks for reporting this,