RE: MathML-in-HTML5

From: White Lynx <whitelynx@operamail.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 20:39:04 +0400
To: www-math@w3.org

> Pragmatically speaking, the single greatest challenge I see
> for people wanting to use MathML in web pages is browser
> interoperability.

Of course and current steps is not the step towards interoperability.

> Since I'm arguing that interoperability is important, I oppose
> suggestions to introduce parsing of token data, Tex-like input syntaxes
> and so on.  I could, however, live with support only for a subset or
> profile of MathML.

Completely agree and I am sure we will soon have profile that reduces implementation barier in general and that barrier (including markup/style language integration) for CSS rendering engines in particular. So it is not the right time for turning tables (one could do this ten years ago when playing with particulat tags was considered to be a cool things to do).