RE: MathML-in-HTML5

Just to confirm, David is correct, MathPlayer treatment of bad input
(ie, malformed MathML) by putting it in a red box is its own invention.
IE plays no role. MathPlayer is just given a DOM tree rooted at the
<math> node and it can do as it pleases. (Actually, MathPlayer has
access to the entire DOM and more if it wants it.) One consequence of
this is that (a) MathPlayer doesn't have to implement an XML parser and
(b) it can't correct any limitations or errors in its parsing.

Paul