Re: Choosing namespaces syntax for MathML

Paul Libbrecht said:
> juanrgonzaleza@canonicalscience.com wrote:
>> I type <foo> in the editor, how does it know if i mean <a:foo> or
>> <b:foo>? Whereas this could probably increase readability, I am not
>> sure if productivity would decrease this way.I am not sure also if
>> automatic detection of conflicts can be done.
> Using a DTD you can do that, sure, a DTD will not accept an ATTLIST
> declaration twice hence the conflict leads to a non-well-formed file
> (again, using DTD-aware parsers).

How could I do that for [1, 2]?

How could I eliminate the html: for <i> or for <input>?

> There's no smooth path that I know of between hidden element namespace
> using such as DTD and fully namespaced elements (either with xmlns="xx"
> or with prefixes). But it should be pretty easy to have a "namespace
> fixer", e.g. in dom4j or jdom) based on a table as to which namespace to
>  assign elements without explicit prefix.

Interesting idea but would work only for small extensible designs or for
languages in a specific domain. For instance, finding <int> in a file what
does prefix apply cl: or tex: when both are entry tables?

[1]  http://www.math.sci.hokudai.ac.jp/~nami/MathML/mixing.xml

[2]  http://www.mozilla.org/projects/mathml/demo/extras.xhtml