Re: MathML logo

From: <RobertM@dessci.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2005 10:06:49 -0600
To: simon.siemens@web.de
CC: www-math@w3.org

> I'm currently creating a university site, which extensively uses MathML
> (DTD XHTML 1.1 plus MathML 2.0). During my work there came up two questions:
> 1) If I validate the XHTML with the W3C validator, is the MathML part
> valid as well? It might be, as the validator should be a general dtd
> validator.

Yes, it should validate.  However, it only recognizes certain
doctypes.  I think the list is the one give at

but I could be wrong about that.  If you are having trouble, try
writing to the Validator team using the form at

> 2) May I use the MathML logo on my website to show, that I use MathML
> and that it is valid? There is no statement on your website about this
> (legal) issue.

I beleive you can.  However, I will check, since in any event, there
should be a statement.

Dr. Robert Miner                                RobertM@dessci.com
W3C Math Interest Group Co-Chair                      651-223-2883
Design Science, Inc.   "How Science Communicates"   www.dessci.com