Re: Mathml display with IE

From: Robert Miner <RobertM@dessci.com>
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 09:30:16 -0600
To: pzn04@yahoo.fr
Cc: www-math@w3.org

Hi.

> I had worked on implementing mathml in our documentation.  It worked.
> However, when mathml is generated with OpenOffice, I get the display as
> shown in the attached images.  The same file would display differently
> in Internet Explorer and Netscape.
> Notice that encoding is set to UTF-8 in the xml.
> If you have an explanation to such behavior, I would be grateful.
> Thanks and regards,

Can you post the source?  The red question marks denote
characters for which MathPlayer cannot find a font, so I suspect some
sort of codepoint or encoding problem, since obviously fonts with a
less than sign are almost certainly available.

--Robert

Dr. Robert Miner                                RobertM@dessci.com
MathML 2.0 Specification Co-editor                    651-223-2883
Design Science, Inc.   "How Science Communicates"   www.dessci.com