Re: <mi> 1 </mi>

From: Michael Day <mikeday@yeslogic.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 16:59:06 +1100 (EST)
To: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
Cc: lpadovan@cs.unibo.it, <www-math@w3.org>

Hi David,

> That one is called PLANCK CONSTANT not italic small h, but it is
> offically the same thing, and the reason for the gap.

Thanks, I never would have found that one!

I find that an interesting justification for the lack of an assignment for
"MATHEMATICAL ITALIC SMALL H", as wouldn't this character actually have
different semantics to "PLANCK CONSTANT"?

Or have the semantics been changed in a recent UNICODE version without
changing the official name?

Best regards,

Michael

--