Re: character question

From: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2004 09:46:26 +0100
To: RobertM@dessci.com
Cc: www-math@w3.org, okeeffe@aip.org

> &gap;   (&gtrapprox; in MathML) mapped to codepoint x2273 (Unicode
> list this as x2A86 for the double squiggly)

This has changed over the mml versions due to changes in the proposals
for Unicode 3.2, but it did finally make it in to Unicode 3.2 as a
distict character at 2A86 and the current version of the MathML DTD at

<!ENTITY gtrapprox        "&#x02A86;" ><!--alias ISOAMSR gap -->

So I think you have an old copy of the DTD.