RE: Comments on the DTD and the spec.

Robert Miner [mailto:RobertM@dessci.com] wrote on 20 June 2003 17:07:

> Hi Simon,
>
> > The last paragraph of section 3.3.4.1 might also have
> specified that the
> > rowalign attribute on the mstyle element should correspond
> to that attribute
> > of mtable, and that the columnalign and groupalign
> attributes on mstyle
> > should correspond the those attributes of mtable, mtr and
> mlabeledtr. At
> > least, that is how I would interpret it in the absence of such a
> > specification.
>
> I don't understand why you suggest treating columnalign and groupalign
> differently from rowalign.  All three can be set on mtable, mtr and
> mlabeledtr.  All three have default values.

rowalign has a different type of value for mtable than for mtr and mtd: a
list of values vs a value. columnalign and groupalign have a different type
of value for mtable and mtr than for mtd: a list of values vs. a value, and
a list of lists vs. a list, respectively.

So I thought mstyle can specify only one of those types.

I am off to the EuroTeX conference. I'll be back monday 30 June.

Regards, Simon

Simon Pepping
DTD Development and Maintenance
Elsevier