Re: W3 XML Schema validation problem

From: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 14:55:47 +0100
To: mf@w3.org
CC: webb.roberts@gtri.gatech.edu, www-math@w3.org

> >>ERROR in parsing
> >>   file
> >> "file:///c:/webb/work/library/mathml/mathml2/content/constructs.xsd",
> >> line 50
> That's probably not the right line number, since there's the
> definition of fn.type (which we should remove, by the way,
> as fn is deprecated). So it's a bit hard to debug.

it is the fn type that has an ambiguous content model, but the real
error is a couple of lines up in the definition of fn.content
which is a choice group between Content-expr,class and
Presentation-expr.class these are (currently at least) defined in
common/math.xsd to be the same thing, so this content model is highly
mbiguous, ever element in the choice appears twice, the solution is
to remove/comment-out the  the reference to Presentation-expr.class on
line 46 of constructs.xsd.