MathML - variant selector errors in section 6.3.5.

From: Rick McGowan <rick@unicode.org>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2003 15:35:26 -0700
To: www-math@w3.org
Cc: duerst@w3.org, ishida@w3.org

Sorry to be outside the "last call" period ending May 9, but members of
the Unicode Technical Committee have just been made aware of your new
MathML document here:

http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/WD-MathML2-20030411/

I was checking section 6.3.5 for anomalies as compared to the latest
Unicode data files here:

http://www.unicode.org/Public/4.0-Update/StandardizedVariants-4.0.0.txt

The proposed MathML spec lists some things that don't appear in
StandardizedVariants of Unicode 4.0.

I just compared the list against StandardizedVariants.txt of 4.0.

There are four things listed in MathML list that are NOT in
StandardizedVariants for Unicode 4.0:

2225
2278
2279
2A3B

There is only one thing listed in StandardizedVariants for 4.0 that is NOT
shown in the MathML list:

2A3D FE00; tall variant with narrow foot; # RIGHTHAND INTERIOR PRODUCT

Also the document still refers to Unicode 3.2, though 4.0 has been
published since mid April. Someone there should cross-check the Unicode
references against Unicode 4.0 data files to verify my findings.

I hope this information reaches the right people.

Regards,
	Rick