Re: <mml:math>..., xsl and InputControl

From: David Carlisle <davidc@nag.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 7 Jul 2003 12:40:39 +0100
To: mortena@mip.sdu.dk
CC: www-math@w3.org

> I want to have both formulas rendered with mathplayer, or whatever the
> current browser uses, and formulas, that is rendered using InputControl, on
> the same page.

> So what I'm looking for is a method that overrules the xsl transformations,
> so that I can make pure non-translated mathml as input to the InputControl
> applet

I'm not sure what your input xml looks like, or quite what your output
needs to be, but it sounds like you should be able to modify the
XSLT to get what you need.

Do you mean that you want each formula duplicated, so
appears as
<mml:math><mml:mi>A</<mml:mi></<mml:math> (rendered by the browser)
and also
as a parameter to your control?

or do you mean that some formulae appear in one form, and some another?

> Can this be done at all or should I open a window whenever I
> wan't to edit a formula...

If you can produce by hand an HTML page that does what you want, then
almost certainly you can generate that page from your input XML using an
XSLT transformation.