Re: Where is Libwww maintained today

Kristian Spangsege wrote:

>According to http://www.w3.org/Library/ the latest version of Libwww
>is 5.4.1, however the version on my FedorCore 6 is 5.4.1. This leads
>me to suspect that Libwww is maintained elsewhere these days. Is that
>correct?

Yes, the library will show 5.4.1 if you check out and build as per,

   http://www.w3.org/Library/cvs.html

This will include the updates and authors as listed in the change
log[1].  The packaging and build is particularly well done by Andreas
Bierfert for fedora  6 extras [2].

>The reason I'm asking is that I found a bug, and wanted to see if it
>was fixed in the latest release (or maybe in CVS.)
>
>Please advise as to where I can inspect the latest version and
>potentially report a bug.

Okay, I will try to check it both places,  (just grabbed a copy of the
SRPMS for FC6).

>The result is that the redirection handler only works for status TEMP_REDIRECT, which obviously is not the intended behaviour:

What is the simplest test case that exhibits the unintended behavior ?

more,
l8r,

"The future is here. It's just not evenly distributed yet."
 -- William Gibson, quoted by Whitfield Diffie

[1] Changes with libwww 5.4.1

2006-12-03       Vic Bancroft <bancroft@america.net>
	* configure.ac, Library/src/Makefile.am, Library/cvs2sql/Makefile.am, Robot/src/Makefile.am:
	  modify configure scripts for mysql_config based autoconf processing
	* Library/src/HTSQL.c, Library/src/HTSQL.html, Library/src/HTSQLLog.c: remove
	  mysql directory from include directives

2006-12-02       Vic Bancroft <bancroft@america.net>

	* Robot/src/RobotMain.c: added flag MR_KEEP_META for -lm last modified option
	  detected by Jan Hutař

2006-11-29       Vic Bancroft <bancroft@america.net>

	* Robot/src/RobotMain.c: added flag MR_KEEP_META for -title option
	  detected by Jan Hutař

2006-07-09       Vic Bancroft <bancroft@america.net>

	* close leak in HTBound process_boundary() detected by Sam Varshavchik
	  using valgrind; excised old #if 0 snippets from HTMIME.c

2006-06-18       Vic Bancroft <bancroft@america.net>

	* Library/src/HTCookie.c: add private function HTCookie_splitPair to
	  split a KEY=VALUE pair, from Jesse Morgan

2006-03-14       Vic Bancroft <bancroft@america.net>

	* configure.ac: remove unecessary check for appkit.h as
	  suggested by Roger Persson

2006-03-12       Vic Bancroft <bancroft@america.net>

	* Library/src/wwwsys.html: change genuine angle bracket characters
	  into the angle bracket entities, thanks to Bobby Jack

2005-11-11       Vic Bancroft <bancroft@america.net>

	* Library/src/HT*.html, Library/src/SSL/HT*.html: wrap
	  all header files with extern "C"
	* Library/src/HTFile, configure.ac: add a basis for
	  addressing Ben's security concerns

2005-10-16       Vic Bancroft <bancroft@america.net>

	* Library/src/HTBound.c: libwww security advisory fix from
	  Sam Varshavchik, fix double-counting of processed bytes,
	  rewrote HTBoundary_put_block, to fix problematic HTTP 1.1
	  byte range requests

2005-08-01       Vic Bancroft <bancroft@america.net>

	* Library/src/: HTAlert.c, HTHeader.c, HTInit.c, HTNet.c,
	  HTProfil.c, HTProt.c, HTTrans.c: Patch to greatly speed up
	  repeated requests, from Arthur Smith

2005-07-25       Vic Bancroft <bancroft@america.net>

	* Library/src/HTSQL.c: modifications to compile without using
	  deprecated mysql functions
	* config/: config.sub, ltmain.sh: updates for recent version of
	  libtool

2005-04-04       Jose Kahan <jose@w3.org>

	* INSTALL.html, Library/src/HTEvtLst.c: cleaning

2005-03-09       Vic Bancroft <bancroft@america.net>

	* libwww-config.in: include -lwwwssl, thanks to mgoddard at
	  itgs-presearch.com

2005-02-28       Vic Bancroft <bancroft@america.net>

	* Library/src/SSL/HTSSLWriter.c: avoids an eternal loop in libwww
	  (thanks to Steinar Bang)

2005-02-27       Vic Bancroft <bancroft@america.net>

	* Library/src/SSL/HTSSL.html, Robot/src/RobotMain.c: fix for webbot
	  -v option check and documentation addition
	* configure.ac, Library/src/SSL/HTSSL.c,
	  Library/src/SSL/windows/wwwssl.def, Robot/src/HTRobMan.html,
	  Robot/src/Makefile.am, Robot/src/RobotMain.c: basic support for
	  client side certificates using PEM format

2005-01-23       Vic Bancroft <bancroft@america.net>

	* Library/src/SSL/: HTSSL.c, HTSSLReader.c, HTSSLWriter.c: add
	  openssl to include for ssl.h and rand.h
	* config/: config.guess, config.sub, ltmain.sh: update after
	  running libtoolize
	* Robot/src/Makefile.am: use SSL directory for libwwwssl.la
	* Robot/src/RobotMain.c: include HTSSL.h
	* configure.ac: fix aclocal underquoting warnings
	* Robot/src/: RobotMain.c, Makefile.am: update to enable https
	  protocol

2005-01-05       Martin Duerst <duerst@w3.org>

	* Library/src/HTTPReq.c: fixed , to _ in HTTRACE call
	* Library/src/HTTPReq.c: removed LIBWWW_USEIDN, because unnecessary
	* modules/idn/unicode_template.c: forgot one file
	* Library/src/HTDNS.html: moved IDN to main branch
	* Library/src/HTDNS.c: moved IDN to main branch
	* Library/src/HTTPReq.c: added "LIBWWW_USEIDN" conditional
	* Library/src/HTTPReq.c: moved IDN to main branch

2004-01-29       Jose Kahan <jose@w3.org>

	* Library/Overview.html: JK: Added the libwww survey results

[2] Fedora Core 6, Extras, source package for w3c-libwww

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/extras/6/SRPMS/repoview/w3c-libwww.html