Re: Where is Libwww maintained today

Hi again

So http://www.w3.org/Library/ really is the home of the latest version
of Libwww. In that case I think the website should be updated.
Whereever it says something about the latest release, it says 5.4.0:

http://www.w3.org/Library/#News
http://www.w3.org/Library/User/ReleaseNotes.html

About the bug:

The bug seems to remain in the latest CVS version.

A very simple test case for me is to use w3c command line utility and
request 'http://www.google.com'. This fails because for some reason
Google decides to redirect to "www.google.dk" (Denmark is where I
live.) It responds with status=302 (Found) and a 'Location' header.
This is supposed to make W3C follow the redirect, but it does not.

The fact that it is supposed to follow, is apparent from the
implementation of HTAfterInit (listed in my original mail.)

The fact that it does not work, is apparent from the lack of output
and inspection of 'w3chttp.out' and in fact is also apparent from
inspecting the source I listed in my first post.

I know this test case may be unavailable to you, but maybe you know of
another site that does a similar thing, or whatever. Anyway tell me if
you want me to also produce a minimal source code test program. The
bug, however, should be entirely obvious by inspecting only the source
I listed in my original post.

Regards,
Kristian Spangsege

--
"Will robots inherit the earth? Yes, but they will be our children. We
owe our minds to the deaths and lives of all the creatures that were