--with-ssl option

From: Mikesell, Dave <dmikesell@cas.org>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2002 14:06:23 -0500 (EST)
To: "'www-lib@w3.org'" <www-lib@w3.org>
I'm having trouble building 5.3.2 with OpenSSL 0.9.6b.  I have openssl installed in my home directory hiearchy (don't have perm yet to put it in /usr/local), but I wouldn't guess that would be a problem.

The configure script was failing until I changed the --with-ssl option to "-L/myhomedir/openssl/lib -lssl -lcrypto".  I did this because the config script was using the --with-ssl argument to try and build a test program.  From config.log:

cc -o conftest -g   conftest.c -ldl -lnsl -lsocket  -L/myhomedir/openssl/lib -lssl -lcrypto

This made the configure succeed, but when I build, it only builds the md5, xmlparse, and xmltok libraries.  If I remove the --with-ssl option, it builds all 22 (?) shared objects.

Any ideas?

--
Dave Mikesell
Chemical Abstracts Service