Re: [FYI] New WIN32 Makefiles + DAV support

Hello,

On Wed, Jun 05, 2002 at 01:09:19PM +0200, Jose Kahan wrote:
> line 664: #ifndef HT_LSTAT
>
> you had HT_STAT

Thanks for fixing that!

> line 1134: I added an #ifndef __MINGW332. You had commented out the
> code for all the platforms.

Yes, because as the comment says the code is useless since the
configure script already defines u_short etc. The only purpose served
by those defines is to cause further breakage in the future with any
other headers which contain typedefs for u_short/u_long. <shrug>

> Can you tell me what is the use of the configure $(EXEEXT) function
> you added for the SHOWXML example? I am not familiar with it. It
> calls the AC_EXEXT macro too.

Under Unix, $(EXEEXT) evaluates to "", under Windows, it evaluates to
".exe". (BTW, it was already used by the 5.3.2 release's configure.in,
I only moved it.)

> If my compile succeds, I'll commit your patch right away.

Great! I updated my CVS repository last night (June 5th, 18:00 UTC)
and it already seemed to have been applied then.

On Wed, Jun 05, 2002 at 05:38:20PM +0200, Manuele Kirsch Pinheiro wrote:
> After applying your patches, a file _ Library/User/Extrnals.html _
> is not generated anymore... It seems that one of these patches broke
> this generation, and because of that, the libwww can't be correctly
> build... Can you help us with that? Jose is preparing a new release,
> so we must resolve this problem quickly...

I just successfully compiled the current CVS version both under Linux
and Windows (mingw under Cygwin). I also compiled and linked my
application with the mingw version - everything seems to work fine.
(The only problem I ran into for mingw was that mingw's make seems
broken, I had to use the Cygwin make.)

I suspect that you did not re-bootstrap everything after applying the
patch. First, ensure you have the latest versions of libtool and
automake. Then:

  cp /usr/share/automake/depcomp config/
  cp /usr/share/automake/missing config/
  libtoolize -c -f
  perl config/winConfigure.pl
  aclocal; autoheader; automake; autoconf

In particular, the config.guess/config.sub in current CVS doesn't seem
to work properly for a i586-pc-mingw32 target. Please ensure the new
libwww release also includes newer versions of all these auto* files!

The Extrnals.html part only output the following strange-looking
messages for me, but it didn't fail:

| perl ../../config/makeindx.pl ../src/ ../src/WWW*.html \
| 	> ./Extrnals.html)
| unknown file "WWWUtil.html" in "WWWLib".
| unknown file "WWWCore.html" in "WWWLib".
| skipping (HTHost.html,8529)g: "extern void HTHost_setActivateRequestCallback
| "?
| skipping (HTMIMImp.html,10305)g: "extern HTParserCallback
| "?
| skipping (wwwsys.html,21214)g: "extern volatile noshare int socket_errno; /* socket VMS error info
| "?
| skipping (wwwsys.html,21216)g: "extern volatile noshare int vmserrno;	/* Deposit of VMS error info */
| "?
| skipping (wwwsys.html,21217)g: "extern volatile noshare int errno;  /* noshare to avoid PSECT conflict */
| "?
| skipping (wwwsys.html,21762)g: "extern char *sys_errlist[];
| "?
| cd ../.. \
|   && CONFIG_FILES=Library/User/Makefile CONFIG_HEADERS= /bin/sh ./config.status
| creating Library/User/Makefile
| make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/richard/soft/libwww/Library/User'

This was with autoconf 2.13, automake 1.4-p4, libtool 1.4.2, perl
5.6.1.

BTW, I'm also the maintainer for the Debian Linux libwww package.

Cheers,

  Richard

--
  __   _