HTEvtLst -905 loop in v5.3.2

From: Soumen Chakrabarti <sc00000000@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2001 23:36:41 +0530
To: www-lib@w3.org
I have a simple bulk fetch code which takes a list of URLs and uses the
library to concurrently fetch them, keeping 4--8 fetches outstanding at
a time.  This code works most of the time, except when there is a brief
series of timeouts (-905) or truncations (-906).  Then, about 1--2 times
every 10 runs, the system locks into a "timeout" mode and aborts all
subsequent connection with a -905 error code.  A rerun may complete all
fetches successfully, this makes it hard to debug.

I hope someone else has noticed this problem and found a fix.  My code
is attached.  Thanks for any help!