multiple get requests to the same host

From: Cesare Pietra <c.pietra@finsiel.it>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 11:01:05 +0200
To: <www-lib@w3.org>, <frystyk@microsoft.com>
Hi everybody.
A problem with my code, using libwww:
I have 2 kinds of requests, both to the same server, but with different length for their respective responses.
I wish I could issue a lot of requests, of both kinds, to the same server, avoiding the shorter responses to wait in a queue  until some huge amount of data (relative to a longer response) to be received by my application.
I used the LoadToFile function, trying to exploit pipelining and persistent connections (non blocking I/O, pseudo-threads) to enhance performance. After all my requests have been created in some kind of order (I can say it because I added a Before filter), their responses are scheduled in the same order (I can say it because I added an After filter), no short request has been serviced in an interleaving way, until a longer preceding one did.
How can I avoid such a waste waiting ?
Thanks
Cesare Pietra