Re: multiple get requests to the same host

From: Attila Uhljar <attila.uhljar@intervoice-brite.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2001 15:12:59 -0600
To: <c.pietra@finsiel.it>, <www-lib@w3.org>
Hi,

I think Jens Meggers has a customized 'HTHost.c' that solves the
problem. It also contains some bugfixes. I'm using it and I'm happy with
it.

Attila

>>> "Cesare Pietra" <c.pietra@finsiel.it> 03/30/01 03:01AM >>>
Hi everybody.
A problem with my code, using libwww:
I have 2 kinds of requests, both to the same server, but with different
length for their respective responses.
I wish I could issue a lot of requests, of both kinds, to the same
server, avoiding the shorter responses to wait in a queue  until some
huge amount of data (relative to a longer response) to be received by my
application.
I used the LoadToFile function, trying to exploit pipelining and
persistent connections (non blocking I/O, pseudo-threads) to enhance
performance. After all my requests have been created in some kind of
order (I can say it because I added a Before filter), their responses
are scheduled in the same order (I can say it because I added an After
filter), no short request has been serviced in an interleaving way,
until a longer preceding one did.
How can I avoid such a waste waiting ?
Thanks
Cesare Pietra