Re: Delay between header and body in POST

From: Sean Kelly <kelly@ad1440.net>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 09:59:50 -0700
To: <Yusef_Badri@tertio.com>, <www-lib@w3.org>
> The reason for the delay is to allow the client to
> wait for the 100=Continue response, before proceeding
> to transmit the body of the request. You don't have to
> wait if you don't want to though, and you can decrease
> the delay by calling HTTP_setBodyWriteDelay()

Thanks, Yusuf.  libwww is such a big library, I
completely missed that call.

If the library designers are listening, shouldn't the
body write delay be attached to the request object
instead of being library-wide?

My reasoning is that I'm writing a utility function that
uses libwww; that utility function may be combined into
an application that itself uses libwww---and I shouldn't
be able to affect the app's delays, and having to
restore the old delay values is a bit object-disoriented.
:-)

Take care,
Sean.