Re: Preemptive incompatible with POST ... why?

From: Sean Kelly <kelly@ad1440.net>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 09:52:47 -0700
To: <www-lib@w3.org>
> So, my question is, why?  Is there a synchronous way to
> POST form data with libwww and block until the response
> comes in?

I realize it's bad form to followup to my own message, but
digging deeper into the docs, I found the following:

   Because of the differences between HTTP/1.0 and
   HTTP/1.1, HTTP PUT and POST requests can not be
   dealt with in non-preemptive mode - they have to
   use timers and hence must be in preemptive mode.

So, that sort of answers my question as, "It's a result
of the design."

Take care.
--Sean