activate the eventloop

From: Derruau, Mathias <Mathias_Derruau@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 18:13:21 +0100
To: "'www-lib@w3.org'" <www-lib@w3.org>
Hi,

I am using libwww to fetch files using ftp and http.
For the purpose of my application, I need to use the eventloop of libwww in
a thread.
The eventloop can be considered as a kind of daemon that needs to be woken
up by one of the other threads.

But once the daemon is in the eventloop, I have not been able to interact in
any manner with it.
The eventloop sample application with the console_parser doesn't seem to
work on NT (I tried to replace STDIN_FILENO by _fileno(stdin)), and my
problem is even slightly different, as I want to signal the daemon to do a
request more than having a console.

Does anyone have an idea of what possible ways there are to implement this?
Any comment appreciated
Thanks

Mathias Derruau