From: "Sodhani, Anup" <asodhani@jhancock.com>
To: "Frystyk" <frystyk@microsoft.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 31, 2000 11:56
Subject: FW: SSL related question...

If you folks can help, it would be really great:
QUESTIONS:
I. Is there a forum or newsgroup where I can put up my question for the
general public regarding SSL?
II. Has any client so far been able to use this library (5.3.1)
successfully?
III. Also, if I am executing "https" request, it does not go inside the
if
loop because it does not match. In order to force it to work, I had to
change (!pres->tmplate to (pres->tmplate unlike "http" request where it
matches. So I was wondering whether code in (HTNet.c) here needs to be
changed in order to incorporate "https" request as well.

if ((pres->status == status || pres->status == HT_ALL)
&&
    (!pres->tmplate ||
     (pres->tmplate && HTStrMatch(pres->tmplate,
addr)))) {
    HTTRACE(CORE_TRACE, "Net After... calling %p
(request
%p, response %p, status %d, context %p)\n" _
pres->after _ request _ response _
status _ pres->param);
    ret = (*pres->after)(request, response, pres->param,
status);
    if (ret != HT_OK) break;

    /*
    **  Update the address to match against if the
filter
changed
    **  the physical address.
    */
    if ((url = HTAnchor_physical(anchor))) addr = url;
}

IV.  The  other  issue is, when we make a call to http....; we get XML
string back which we parse it by calling <retval =
RCL_XMLParseInit(rHandle,
xmlstr);> and everything is perfectly fine.
But when we make a call to https.....;  in a similar way; I don't get
the
XML string back. Infact it does not talk to the server either as I am
monitoring the log file as well. So the request somehow does not even
reach
the server. One thing I have noticed that while debugging that when it
hits
the 'if loop'; (bold'ed below) it does some kind of Writing...Reading...
where it gets back the result set in the case of "http". But in "https",
it
goes thru but somehow doesnot bring back anything.

PUBLIC int HTEventList_dispatch (SOCKET s, HTEventType type, ms_t now)
{
    SockEvents * sockp = SockEvents_get(s, SockEvents_find);
    if (sockp) {
HTEvent * event = sockp->events[HTEvent_INDEX(type)];

/* Fixup the timeout */
if (sockp->timeouts[HTEvent_INDEX(type)])
    HTTimer_refresh(sockp->timeouts[HTEvent_INDEX(type)], now);

/*
**  If we have found an event object for this event then see
**  is we should call it.
*/
if (event && event->priority!=HT_PRIORITY_OFF)
    return (*event->cbf) (s, event->param, type);
HTTRACE(THD_TRACE, "Dispatch.... Handler %p NOT called\n" _
sockp);
return HT_OK;
    }
    HTTRACE(THD_TRACE, "Dispatch.... Bad socket %d\n" _ s);
    return NO;
}

Call Stack:
HTEventList_loop(_HTRequest * 0x00f38430) line 629
IRCLConnection::NewRequest(IRCLConnection * const 0x01661630, char *
0x01770e7d, char * 0x01870060) line 477 + 9 bytes
RCLCAPI::RCL_NASNewRequest(RCLCAPI * const 0x01661630, char *
0x01770e7d,
char * 0x01870060, int 1) line 114 + 17 bytes
RCL_NASNewRequest(unsigned long 23467568, char * 0x01770e7d, char *
0x01870060, int 1) line 49
main(int 2, char * * 0x01770e30) line 110 + 19 bytes
mainCRTStartup() line 206 + 25 bytes
KERNEL32! 77f1b9ea()

I don't know how effective I was in explaining the issue, but any kind
of
help will be really appreciatable. One thing to note is that we are
using
Snareworks as well in our program.

NOTE: I HAVE ALSO DOWNLOADED 5.3.1 BUT STILL NO CHANGE IN MY RESULT.

Thanks,
Anup Sodhani
Development, Data and Architecture Group, C-4
Voice: 617-572-4012