Re: Fw: SSL related question...

www-lib@w3.org

> II. Has any client so far been able to use this library (5.3.1)
> successfully?

Amaya uses it. I don't know about other applications, but they do exist.
However, we're not using SSL.

> III. Also, if I am executing "https" request, it does not go inside the
> if
> loop because it does not match. In order to force it to work, I had to
> change (!pres->tmplate to (pres->tmplate unlike "http" request where it
> matches. So I was wondering whether code in (HTNet.c) here needs to be
> changed in order to incorporate "https" request as well.

Normally, you won't need to change the code. Did you register the SSL
handler as shown in the wwwsssl.c  example (Examples/ directory) ?

What does the server traces report?

I was able to use it to retrieve documents from SSL servers, without
problems.

If you're showing me code modifications, please send them as diffs, so
that we can understand better what was changed.

If SSL is not working in your application, then, like Olga said, the
code needs more development. It's there as a first step, but doesn't
mean it does everything.

> I don't know how effective I was in explaining the issue, but any kind
> of
> help will be really appreciatable. One thing to note is that we are
> using
> Snareworks as well in our program.

What is Snareworks?

-Jose