rookie seeks examples

From: Ted Specht <tspecht@mail1.jpl.nasa.gov>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 15:55:45 -0700
To: www consortium <www-lib@w3.org>
I am new to libwww but I have managed to install it on a Sun
workstation, and now I want to put it to use. I am writing a client
application that logs into a  server with an account and password, then
puts an XML query form on the  server. All communications to the server
may be using SSL . The client then  receives a stream of XML documents.
I was hoping I could find an example(s) that would help get me started.

Thanks in advance!